Course Code:NFE 111 Credit Hour: 3.0 Total Marks: 100
Dr. Md. Bellal Hossain
Professor and Head
Department of Nutrition and Food Engineering
Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
Daffodil International University
Cell no: +8801680378493
Rationale: This course is the fundamental theorization for Nutrition, Agro-Processing, Unit operation, Mechanical engineering, food materials science and operational technology, food regulations and modern concept on preservation etc.
Objectives: This course will introduce the basics of food science and provide a branch point for discussions about common misconceptions about the food industry. Student will be able to
• to enhance knowledge on food choice and behavior
• to earn knowledge of machine and materials, process flow and input-output,
preservation, design, drawing, cost analysis, operational management.
• to develop skills on manufacturing of food products for commercialization and
• to introduce the recent development of food products such as bakery, dairy, beverage and others commercial food products
• to know about hospital mgt. and dietary activities like diet and diseases, diet planning and therapeutic diet counseling etc.