Art of Living

Intention to get into University

Intention to get into University

by Saima Rahman -
Number of replies: 0

Intention to Get into University

It is nearly impossible to get a stable and standard job after completing high school. I almost dropped the idea of getting into university as there was no support from my family (except my mother) to pursue higher education. I had to fight a lot for my freedom and my mother has always been my greatest support. At first, I didn’t agree with her funding for my university and decided to get a job. Honestly, it wasn’t a good experience. Because the people sitting in the upper positions tend to exploit their employees as they are more experienced. Here comes the proof of the quote “Knowledge is Power”. Acquiring knowledge is not only about getting good jobs with a handsome amount of salary. So I asked my Lord to lead me and show me the way to ultimate freedom and power to have control over my own life and live the life up to my expectation. So, the next thing I did was accept my mother’s proposal. Then came the topic of choosing my subject. Unlike others, I didn’t have any idea about what to choose. There are countless fields to explore and gain knowledge from. But I can’t take all of them, can I? The world is advancing through Information and Communication Technology. It is fascinating how the Internet connects the whole world, how satellites receive and send signals, how AI functions. Therefore, I decided to choose CSE. But Daffodil offered me software and I found that the courses in Software Engineering were more interesting. Basically, my intention of coming to university is to learn and explore more and see what I would be able to do using my knowledge. If I want to take better care of myself and my family or make even a bit of difference, then I should be able to do more than just jobs.