Forum Discussion

Feedback on Approach to Literary Theory

Feedback on Approach to Literary Theory

by Subrata Chandra Mozumder -
Number of replies: 40

Dear Scholars, 

Please, write down your learning from the introductory sessions held by this time. 

15 words

In reply to Subrata Chandra Mozumder

Re: Feedback on Approach to Literary Theory

by Shazzadul Hoque Bhuiyan -
Through out the introductory lesson, I have learned basic concept of literature and literary theory and characteristics of them and it's outcomes as well as.

Thank You.
Shazzad

28 words

by Esha Sheikh -

Through today's discussion I have learned about the theories by their brief introductions. And today's fun part was the controversial theory 'Liberal Humanism' which my classmates have discussed through question answer. 

Thank you. 

Esha (191-10-2007)

35 words

by Taslima Aktar (181-10-1749) -

From the introductory sessions, I have learned several theories in brief. I got some basic idea about five important theories: Liberal Humanism, Formalism or Russian Formalism, Structuralism, Deconstruction, Ecocriticism.

Name:Taslima Aktar Shammi

ID:181-10-1749.

Batch:43rd(B)

37 words

by Mumtahina Mumu -

First of all, the course 'literary theory' seems to me very interesting. Through this course we can be able to learn about many terms like colonialism, feminism, structuralism etc and be able to connect them with the literature. Our respected teacher had clearly given the basic concept of this course on the very 1st of the class. I think i will learn a lot of amazing terms from this course.

Thankyou 

Mumtahina Tabassum Mumu 

191-10-1982

75 words

by Raisa Samiha Reza -
From the introductory session, I briefly got to learn about some literary theories such as liberal humanism, formalism, structuralism, deconstruction, reader-response theory, ecocriticism etc. and how their concept is used in literary works. From these I found deconstruction and reader-response theory particularly interesting as I believe a literary work can have more than one meaning to it and a reader's role in finding the meaning of that work.

Raisa Samiha Reza
ID: 191-10-1908 (46th A)

75 words

by Mahima Islam -
This course is very interesting because we will know more about the theory and literature..And at the first day of our lecture about this course was very important and we have known basic things about theory and characteristics. Gradually we will enjoy this course more.

Thank you

48 words

by Hamida Akter Mira -

During the introductory session, I have got to know about the learning contexts of the following course. Also, got a clear map by which we will complete this course.

On the other hand, I have learnt about certain literary theories, such as liberal humanism, formalism, structuralism, deconstruction, reader-response theory, ecocriticism, and how their concepts are applied in literary works. 

I have learnt the following so far.

Also, I am excited to learn more from this course.

Thankyou!

Hamida Akter Mira

ID: 191-10-1905

Section: (C)

82 words

by Shaikh Sadia Alam -
Through the introductory sessions, I have come to know about the basic ideas about 'theory' and 'literary theory'. I am hopeful that I will earn a lot of new things from future classes.

33 words

by Anne Pervin -

First of all the topic names are very much attractive to me. In the very first class, our teacher has discussed about the topics in a way that no one could do better. He made us understood in an easy language. This gave me the first push to know more. Though the theories are a bit in the bigger side, I hope I will make myself clearer and better understood. I also want our teacher's help and amicable behaviour as always.

Anne Pervin

191-10-1917

Section A

Thank you🌸

85 words

by Fariha Chowdhury -
The introductory session was very good and fruitful. Through this session, literary theory is an exceptional and different term. Hope we will know and learn more and more.

Fariha Chowdhury
191-10-1952
46 C

33 words

In reply to Fariha Chowdhury

by Nilima Nahin -
The Introductory class was a very wonderful session . We have shared our experience of previous online class which were very effective to us . Besides,we got a brief notions about this course.
ID:191-10-1972
Nilima Nahin

36 words

by Tamanna Akther Toma -

Through the introductory sessions, I have come to recognise approximately the basic ideas about 'literary theory'. I also received a clear plan outlining how we will complete this course.
However, I've learned about literary theories like liberal humanism, formalism, structuralism, deconstruction, reader-response theory, and ecocriticism, as well as how these notions are utilized in literary works.Hope I will learn more from this course.

Tamanna Akhter Toma

191-10-1981

46(C)

68 words

by jahid hasan ( 181-10-1721) -

1. Liberal Humanism: 

a) liberal humanism is the study of unchanged nature, moral values, basic human values and universal truth in all forms of literature.

b) According to liberal humanism literature is timeless.

c) No preconceived notions are not necessary to analyze and explain a text, rather any text could be understood based on the elements or meaning provided by the text itself.

2. Formalism: 

a)Formalism is the study of the form of a text

b) This theory basically focuses on the elements, style, and forms of a text-based on which any text could be understood without considering any preconceived notions or outside knowledge about the text.

c) Focusing on the poetic language, the formalists said that instead of subjective analysis, this theory focuses on objective analysis of the techniques and devices to get the implicit meaning.

3. New criticism: 

a)  New literary criticism invented out of the formalist movement in America in the early twentieth-century with the hands of John Crowe Ransom.

b) In twentieth-century literature, poetry became more acceptable to the readers and they focus on the significance of reading literature, mainly poetry, to understand how poetry functioned as a “self-contained” or self-referential aesthetic object by taking a text as an autonomous object, non-related to the author, the culture, or the event it stems from.

c) . The readers didn’t need outside sources to understand a text, rather this term urged them to have a close reading of the text.

4. Structuralism: 

a) Structuralism is an intellectual movement that began in France in the 1950s.

b) Analyse a text relating it to some larger containing structure.

c) This theory beliefs that things cannot be understood in isolation.

5. Poststructuralism: 

a) A critical and comprehensive response to the basic assumptions of structuralism.

b) Doesn't just focus on a close reading, rather other preconceived notions of a text are also required.

c) A rebellion against structuralism. 

315 words

In reply to jahid hasan ( 181-10-1721)

by Subrata Chandra Mozumder -
Wow! Jahid, the vast one, perhaps. Thank you for taking the time and writing your valuable feedback on the class.

20 words

by Bintu Islam -

From the introductory session, 

I have learned the basic of Literary theory and characteristics of them. I had enjoyed it.

So I'm so much excited to learn more.

Thank you.

Bintu Islam

191-10-1964

46(C)

33 words

by Zarin Tashnim -
The introductory session was very incentive to me. We were able to share our thoughts and experiences about classes throughout the session. I have learned the basic theory and relevant ideas of Literary Theory.
Thank you, Sir.
Zarin Tashnim
Id no : 191-10-2026
46C

43 words

by 173-10-452 Ishrat -
in 3 classes i learn many things like
liberal humanism ,gay/lesbian theory ,feminism ,Marxism , Formalism or Russian Formalism, Structuralism, Deconstruction, Ecocriticism.

thank you
ishrat jahan
173-10-452
contemporary literary theory

30 words

by Asma Akter -

From the introductory session, I have got to know about the basic concept of literary theory. It was a amazing session for me. Through this session I also got to know how we will complete this course. I am so excited to learn more and more from this course. Thank you. 

Name:Asma Akter

ID:191-10-2025

Section:46(C)

57 words

by Asif Sarkar -

First of all i will thank you sir cause you make this course easy. I had no idea about this course after took this course i thought it will be hurt but i didn’t feel it again. And i learn many thing from this course. 

Thank you.. 

Md. Asif Sarkar

ID: 191-10-2020

51 words

by Nusrat Jahan -

First of all, I want to say that the introductory session was truly pretty much interesting as well as effective. I have learned so many things from this session and I enjoyed it a lot. Also, I have got some ideas about this course. So, I am eagerly waiting  to learn more from this course.

Thank you, Sir.

Name: Nusrat Jahan

ID No: 191-10-1978

Section: 46th(C)

65 words

by Fariha Ulfat -

The discussion held today on the basics and key points of Literary theory was encouraging for me .As I have learned about the overview of the whole course in the very initial class so it will be quite easy for me to understand the rest of the course study .Also the thoughtful concept on literature  and sharing our previous classes experience has made our class more attractive.

Thak you 

Fariha Ulfat 

191-10-1910

72 words

by Archona Rani Saha -

The introductory session was not very formal to me, so at the first I like it most.  From those classes which are done, I learn many things like Liberal  Humanism ,Feminism , Formalism or Russian Formalism, Structuralism, Deconstruction, criticism  etc. I am reall excited to learn more and more from this course. Thank you sir.
Archona Rani Saha
ID: 191-10-2006
46th C batch. 

62 words