Forum Discussion

5 important literary theories

5 important literary theories

by Shila Kobir -
Number of replies: 1

The introductory lesson, I have learned many basic concept of literature and literary theory and characteristics of them. Noe i am discuss About five important theories ; 

★Structuralism

1. Its a method of systematizing human experience that is used in many different fields of study. 2. It deals with linguistics, anthropology, sociology & literary studies. 3. Its a literary theory which says that i can analyze a text through it comes to understand the larger structure such as the culture, the literary genre etc. 

★Liberal Humanism: 

a)Consider the significance of literature as timeless. b)Study the text in isolation. c)Imply the ruling assumptions as well as class distinctions. ★ Colonialism 1.The policy of controlling by one people or rules over areas, sometimes by establishing colonies and normally with the aim of economic dominance. 2. Its main intention is to exploit the target area for natural resources and get the profit of it by cheap labour.

★.Deconstruction:

a)Thinking about the text in a fragmented way as meaning is not constant. b)Disagreeing with the existing norms and creating own meaning. c)Self-contradictory

★Feminist criticism 

1. Its based on feminist theory. The stereotypes thinking of gender discrimination in our society. 2. Its aim is to reinterpret the old texts to establish the importance of womens writing to save it from being lost or ignored in the male dominated world. 3. It means how we reinforce or undermine the economic, political, social and psychological oppression of women in literature.

ID:191-10-1916

46 (c)

250 words