The Clinical Nutrition course teaches clinical and scientific basis of human nutrition. It includes knowledge of clinical, metabolic and molecular nutrition while also learning about the issues affecting public health.
Instructions/Guideline for the course:
- All the students registered for this course have to enroll in Moodle
- Students can find all the course materials from Moodle.
- All the students have to submit the soft copy of their "Assignment" in Moodle under assignment section created here and for this they will be graded here.
- One discussion or feedback forum is created under each of the lecture Students have to give their feedback on these forum and marks will be given for their feedback
- Any announcement regarding the class will be posted on Moodle. So they have to keep themselves always active on Moodle.
- All the quizzes and presentation will be held on face to face class and may be few of the class will be held on online (Moodle) and it will be announced before the class
- The question pattern and the syllabus for the quizzes, midterm and final exam is given here under each of the section (quizzes, midterm and final)
- There are midterm and final exam preparation forum under these sections where students can discuss with each other about their midterm and final exam syllabus, any problem regarding the exam etc.
- help improve your knowledge of clinical, metabolic and molecular nutrition while also learning about the issues affecting public health.
develop knowledge of the scientific basis of nutrition. Understanding nutritional requirements from the molecular through to the population level
learn how to apply the scientific principles of nutrition for the promotion of health and wellbeing of individuals, groups and populations; recognising benefits and risks
- Demonstrate a knowledge of nutrition principles and their application to disease prevention and treatment in adults.
- Demonstrate knowledge of medical and nutritional terminology associated with a variety of nutrition related disease states.
- Organise and assess information related to the health and nutritional status of individuals using the Nutrition Care Process
- Vitamin Deficiency disorders: Vitamin A, D,E,K and B complex
- Thyroid disorders
- Iron deficiency Anemia
- Obesity management