Forum to Week 5

What is RRR? Difference between Teleology and Deontology?

What is RRR? Difference between Teleology and Deontology?

by Abir hossain Khan -
Number of replies: 0

RRR: The 3R's stands for

1)Rules

2)Responsibility 

3)Respect

Rules: This means which work is right and which work isn't right, and doing what I am supposed to do.

Responsibility: It means that all that I say and do is of my own choosing. I am accountable for my actions.

Respect: This means that taking pride in all that I do while recognizing the rights, feelings, private space of others. Respect call on us to respect the intrinsic dignity of all other people

Ethics or moral philosophy is a branch of philosophy that involves questions about morality and the perception of good and evil, of right and wrong, of justice, virtue, and vice. It has the following branches: meta-ethics, normative ethics, applied ethics, moral psychology, and descriptive ethics.

These branches have several different schools of thought and subfields, among them are: hedonism, Epicureanism, stoicism, modern ethics, applied ethics, moral psychology, deontology, and teleology or consequentialism.
Deontology is also referred to as duty-based ethics. It is an approach to ethics that addresses whether the motives behind certain actions are right or wrong instead of focusing on whether the results of the action are right or wrong. It is based on each individual’s duty or obligation towards each other, all living things, and the environment based on moral beliefs and values. It teaches about always acting in good faith and adheres to the Golden Rule to treat others the way you want to be treated by them.